About the company
UK Web Media is one of the UK's leading digital marketing agencies with a diverse portfolio of consumer websites across a multitude of verticals. Our popular and educational sites are focused on helping consumers make an easy and informed buying decision.
About the role
This role requires you have excellent PHP & MySQL skills. You will be working alongside our talented team of developers and designers to produce the functionality that will make users love our websites. We utilise the PHP framework Symonfy2 so a knowledge of MVC and experience with frameworks is essential.
- Develop, maintain and optimise web applications that are scalable and efficient in high traffic environments
- Work closely with designers, front end developers and product managers
- Spearhead development for mobile platforms
- Experiment with the latest technologies and web services
- Work with the design team to continually improve the front-end designs across the business
- Perform unit testing to make sure our web applications work
- You have excellent PHP5 and OO programming skills
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL
- Experience working with MVC frameworks like Symfony2, Zend or Kohana
- The ability to write clean, efficient code from Photoshop designs
- Working knowledge of scalability (server side) and high performance code (server and client side)
- Knowledge of working with GIT (or other distributed version control system)
- You are a self-starter with impeccable standards
- You have the ability to work as well on your own as you do within a team
- Sense of humour
It would be great if
- You have worked with NoSQL database systems like MongoDB
- You are familiar with working with API's (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Test driven development experience (Unit testing, Continuous Integration)
- You are active in the open-source community and have contributed to projects
- You attend industry events and share knowledge within the community
As well as a generous basic salary we also offer a great benefits package including a comprehensive bonus structure, in house gym, private medical insurance, pension contribution, and subsidised canteen.
To apply please forward a copy of your online portfolio and the latest version of your CV to email@example.com.