Sky Sports is all set to kick off coverage of the 2013/14 season in style with seven live games in the first ten days.
Opening on August 2 with Sheffield United v Notts County, the season begins on Sky with live matches on five consecutive dates from all three divisions, plus two ties from the Capital One Cup.
Sky is describing the 2013/14 season as it’s biggest yet. It will show 116 games from the Barclays Premier League as well as live Clydesdale SPL, UEFA Champions League, Football League and La Liga games.
Read Recombu Digital’s guide ‘How can I get Sky Sports?’The first seven fixtures to be broadcast on Sky Sports are as follows:
Sky Sports fixtures for 2013/14 seasons – August 2013
- Friday 2 Sheffield United v Notts County – 7:45pm – League One
- Saturday 3 – Burnley v Bolton Wanderers – 12:15pm – Championship
- Sunday 4 – Derby County v Blackburn Rovers – 4pm – Championship
- Monday 5 – Preston v Blackpool – 7:45pm – Capital One Cup
- Tuesday 6 – Morecambe v Wolves – 7:45pm – Capital One Cup
- Saturday 10 – Accrington v Portsmouth – 12:15pm – League Two
- Sunday 11 – Leicester City v Leeds United – 4:30pm – Championship
These fixtures will be the first of up to 90 live Football League games to be shown on Sky Sports and Sky Sports HD this season, including the play-offs and all three play-off finals from Wembley in May 2014.
Sky Sports channels are available to order on Sky TV, Virgin Media, BT Vision and TalkTalk TV.