Sony has revealed the UK prices for its curved 4K Bravia S90 TVs.
The 65 and 75-inch 4K Ultra HD TVs will cost £3,900 and £7,300 each once they go on sale in October.
While there’s still not a single 4K TV channel in the air in the UK – or anywhere else for that matter – the Sony Bravia S90s will upscale regular HD TV broadcasts and Blu-ray movies to four times the number of pixels – 3840×2160 up from 1920×1080.
The LED displays might not be able to match LG’s OLED panels in the high contrast stakes either, but Sony is employing its own X-tended Dynamic Range and Triluminos technology to give contrast and colour vibrancy a lift.
For those who don’t have a 5.1 stereo system or don’t have room to set one up, the Bravia S90s comes with their own 4.2 channel multi-angle speakers which use separate drivers to project left, right and surround sound audio around your living room more accurately.
The Sony Bravia S90’s can be pre-ordered now.
Sony Bravia S90 specifications
- 75-inch (KD-75S9005B) / 65-inch (KD-65S9005B)
- 4K X-Reality PRO
- TRILUMINOS Display
- X-tended Dynamic Range
- Motionflow XR800Hz
- 4.2ch Multi-angle Live Speaker with Discrete Processing
- Quick Start & Playback; Direct Access with new User Interface; Intuitive Control with One-Flick Remote
- Social Viewing; Live Football Mode; One-touch mirroring; Photo share
- Active 3D (two pairs of glasses supplied)
- Built-in Skype Camera and mic
- Optional wireless subwoofer (SWF-BR100) or (SW-BR100B)