TalkTalk has launched a beta version of its own app for YouView including listings for subscription channels and on-demand film and TV shows.
TalkTalk TV Beta is Android-only so far, optimised for the most popular handsets and tablets from HTC, Samsung and a few others.
It features one-week forwards and backwards TV guide, reminders, film trailers and TiVo-style smart watchlists using titles, actors and directors.
Read Recombu Digital’s guide to TalkTalk TVTalkTalk told Recombu Digital: “We are working on a new app to help our 500,000 TalkTalk TV customers get even more from the service.
“The TalkTalk TV Companion App is in beta, so it is not ready for general release, but customers can download it from the Google Play store and try it out now. We look forward to hearing what our customers think ahead of the full launch.”
As well as the essential remote record function, forthcoming features include social media integration and support for 10in tablets.
The beta-version features are:
- TV Guide: Seven days catch-up and look-ahead information for all Freeview and TalkTalk TV’s 60 subscription channels.
- TV Reminders: Your phone or tablet will give a 30 minute warning before the broadcast begins.
- My Subscriptions: View the listings for your subscription channels and create a favourite channel list – only when you’re on your home WiFi network.
- On Demand: Complete listings for on-demand films and TV shows in the TalkTalk Player including Lovefilm On Demand, available anywhere.
- Watchlists: Create your own personal wish-list of on-demand TV and film which automatically syncs with your YouView box in the TalkTalk Player – only when you’re on your home WiFi network.
- Cast And Crew Linking: Select from a list of famous actors and directors to search for films and TV, then add to your Watchlist – only when you’re on your home WiFi network.
- Trailers: Watch trailers for the latest on-demand films.
- MyTV: View what you’ve added to your Watchlist and what reminders you’ve set.
The app is optimised for the following devices on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or above:
- Google: Nexus 4, Nexus 7
- HTC: One, One X, One V, and Wildfire
- Huawei: Ascend G330, P6
- Samsung: Galaxy S2/3/4, Galaxy Note and Note 2, Galaxy Ace and Ace 2, Galaxy Y, Galaxy Tab 7in