THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW ENDED Earlier this year BA launched its #HomeAdvantage campaign encouraging people to stay at home and support Team GB during the Olympics instead of heading abroad. With millions of people tuning in to see Jessica Ennis win Gold in the Women’s Heptathlon, it’s clear many took BA’s advice and have played the home advantage.
If you’ve been following the Olympics and are a smartphone fan, you may have been voicing your support on Twitter.
BA has created a Social Symphony, a unique tool that measures the mood of the country by tracking social media chatter related to Team GB and turning it into a sound wave (below). The Social Symphony changes depending on the chatter, becoming louder when more people react to an event, be it Athletics or Cycling. Check it out on the BA website.
If you want to be part of the Olympic action we’ve got two tickets to the Women’s Volleyball taking place at 3pm on Thursday August 9th at Earls Court, London. To win just Tweet the following:
‘I want to win the @Recombu competition to join the @British_Airways #HomeAdvantage Social Symphony http://bit.ly/Tc9DY0 #BASP’
The competition closes at 11.59pm on August 7th 2012 – today. The winner will be picked by an independent judge and contacted by 11am on August 8th 2012. Please be aware you must be able to make your own way to London, because transport, accommodation and costs are not included. Check out the full terms and conditions below.
Even if you don’t win, you can still be part of BA’s Social Symphony, by getting on Twitter and showing support for Team GB using the hashtag #homeadvantage.
UPDATE: This competition was won by Benjamin Beavan and Eleanor Cooke
Terms and Conditions
British Airways London 2012 Women’s Volleyball Ticket Give Away, August 9th, 2012
This competition is open to Eligible Participants only. An Eligible Participant must be a resident of the UK aged 18 years or over, and must not be an employee of; Http://recombu.com, BA, a BA Group company, LOCOG, a LOCOG group company, or family members of such employees or anyone else professionally associated with the competition. Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the Terms and Conditions set out below. These conditions of entry are subject to the London 2012 ticketing Terms and Conditions as set out at the following link: http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html
1. Entries must be submitted by tweeting the following: I want to win the We Heart @Recombu competition to join the @British_Airways #HomeAdvantage Social Symphony [insert link back to post] #BASP 2. Only one entry is permitted per person.
3. There are two pairs of tickets to Women’s Volleyball to be won in total. All Tweets submitted will also be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in accordance with these conditions and the winner will be chosen by an independent judge. The decision of the judge is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch or sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
5. All entries must be received by 11:59pm on 7th of August 2012. Entries received after the closing date will not be entered.
6. Winners will be advised which tickets have been won by 11am on 8th August 2012 and will receive the tickets at the event from //recombu.com The Promoter is responsible only for the allocation of tickets and will not enter into any correspondence regarding ticket allocation. The Promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to the competition.
7. All tickets are subject to availability, are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. Tickets may not be sold or exchanged. The winner must attend the London 2012 Games event with their companion.
8. All winners will be notified within one day of the closing date. The winner will be notified by email or phone. Should the winner fail to claim the prize within one day or rejects the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. Each winner of the tickets will be responsible for all other costs or expenses involved in attending the London 2012 Olympic Games. This includes all transport, accommodation and other incidental costs. Therefore, the Promoter will not be liable for any other costs whatsoever.
10. Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received and by submitting the entry, Eligible Participants consent to such personal data being shared between //recombu.com, Ogilvy and British Airways. This shall be limited to the details reasonably necessary for the administration of the competition. The information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the competition without liability to BA or such third parties. Eligible Participants confirm that they hold all copyright/IP rights in any material submitted and assign all such rights to British Airways.
11. Participation in the competition constitutes the participant’s consent to BA’s and its agents’ use of their story, name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Winners of the competition confirm that they will obtain from any guest whom they invite, permission for the promoters to use their name and likeness, for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensation.
12. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
13. The winners’ names and counties can be obtained by sending a SAE to Nuria Garrido, London 2012 //recombu.com Olympic Competition, British Airways Plc,Waterside (HCAG), PO Box 365, Harmondsworth UB7 0GB UK.
13. The Promoter is British Airways Plc (“BA”), Waterside, Po Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered number: 177777.