Motorola has announced a significant software update to it’s Android tablet, the Motorola Xoom.
Available to the WiFi version of the tablet, the information was released via the Motorola Europe Facebook page and states: The update will provide a number of new features and several performance improvements and will also update your Motorola XOOM with Wi-Fi to Honeycomb 3.2.’
Available to Xoom owners who are using 6.4.20 and 184.108.40.206, the update takes the tablet to version 6.6.23, the improvements in full are:
– Improved Compatibility Mode: ability to switch to double pixel mode for selected applications. When selected, applications sub windows and drop-down menus are also doubled. Pixel Doubling settings are saved for each application
– Rotation Acceleration: screen rotates faster when tablet is rotated
– Docking support: automatically detect when a device is docked and launch an application or docking profile
– QuickOffice – full version: provides support for editing of Microsoft Office files and viewing of PDF files
– MOTOPRINT: Application for printing content from your tablet to a printer over WiFi. You can print most types of content, including pictures directly from your tablet.
– Enhanced VPN support
– Language support for Croatian, Hungarian and Romanian
– Additional External keyboard layouts for Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Turkish and Polish
– Citrix client
– 3LM enablers for remote management of Xoom devices in a corporate environment.
Xoom owners will be notified of the update via a message, or they can access via the System updates option.
Available to the UK, along with Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.