OnePlus officially revealed its One smartphone last week, and now you can buy it for just $1. But you will have to smash your current phone first…
OnePlus has come up with a bizarre marketing campaign following the launch of its One smartphone. It has revealed how interested consumers can buy the One smartphone for just $1, provided they smash up their current smartphone on camera for all to see. The campaign goes by the name of ‘Phone Smash’.
OnePlus will select 100 lucky winners, who will be required to send an unedited video showing how they smashed their phones in order to win the prize. Applications will be accepted until May 2nd, and all winners will be notified on May 6th.
For those thinking they can smash their old dust-covered Nokia 3310, forget it. The company has released a list of smartphones that are eligible for the program:
– Apple: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s
– BlackBerry: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Z30
– HTC: HTC One (M7), HTC One (M8), HTC One max
– LG: LG G2, LG G2 Pro, LG G Flex, LG Nexus 5
– Motorola: Motorola Moto X
– Nokia: Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 1520, Nokia Lumia 925, Nokia Lumia 920
– Samsung: Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S5
– Sony: Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z2, Sony Xperia Z Ultra
OnePlus has warned that you must not smash your phone until the company has contacted you about your application. You can find the application for the Phone Smash program here:
Would you smash your current phone to grab your chance of a $1 OnePlus One smartphone? Uploaded a video already? Let us know by posting in the comment section below.