All Sections

Three announces new Mi-Fi product: Huawei E586 MiFi

Three has just announced that it’ll be bringing a new high speed wireless dongle to it’s popular Mi-Fi range of products.

The Huawei E586, launching in September, will priovide access to the internets on the go at top speeds of 21.1 Mbps (HSDPA/download) and 5.76 Mbps (HSUPA/upload), while kicking out around 4 and half hours of battery life. There’s also a microSD slot in the device that can hold cards of up to 32GB in size.

Other features of the E586 MiFi include an OLED display that details the amount of data used the speed of the current connection. You’ll also be able to use the Wi-Fi username and password on the same display at the touch of a button if you’re connecting more than one device, or sharing your connection with friends.

Pretty handy if your smartphone signal is waning, or you’re in the market for a Wi-Fi only iPad 2 or Android tablet.

In the announcement, Three also reiterated that it plans to have some 80 per cent of its network upgraded to HSPA+ – which provides the faster 21.1 Mbps download speed – by the end of this year, with the remaining 20 per cent following afterwards.

No pricing for the Huawei E586 MiFi itself has been announced yet.

Currently, Three’s MiFi plans include a £72 deal which includes 3GB of data and a Pay Monthly deal which costs £40 up front then gives you 5GB a month for £16 each month. The contract is worked out on a rolling monthly basis and can be cancelled or restarted whenever.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *